Pod Your Reef

Too much live rock?

FamousGuy

would 45 pounds of live rock be overkill in a 25 gallon tall?  If so how would it look, really cluttered or ok?  The reason i ask is the FF deal for 99 dollars

Lunchbucket

no almout of LR would be too much unless it clutters too much.  if it does add some to you HOT filter, sump, anywhere to pack more filter capabilties in your tank.

it all depends on how dense the rock is as to how much you will get.  i have 45lbs in my parents 30hex andx it looks great.  

i say BUY IT!!

Lunchbucket

Too much live rock is an oxymoron! Go for it man, you can always leave the ones you don't want out and take them to the LFS for credit, gl,

gaber

When I bought my lr, I ended up with too much, so I bought a Rubbermaid bin from KMart ($5), filled it with saltwater, added a powerhead, and put the extra lr in there. I just gave most of the extra to a friend of mine to set her nano up. The good thing about having more than you need is that you have more options with aquascaping. One thing you should keep in mind (which I did not) when adding the lr is that most corals you buy will be on pieces of lr, so allow room.

IMO, there is no such thing as too much LR..

hell, you can stock it till rocks are out of your water :)

just no space for corals tho

Archived