SaltCritters.com

Fluval Edge LED setup

hector1520

Took me a while to find this thread, this project went on standby due to some major life events ( got married, had a kiddo etc...)

Anyway, the project is finally back in full swing

Father's day gift to myself

IMAG0204-1.jpg

Layout

IMAG0205.jpg

I'm actually going to make an entire new hood that will match the bottom base in length and width. I'll lose a little bit of "top viewing space." My biggest concern is if the heatsink is large enough to justify not using a fan. It would make my design a whole lot more streamlined and modern but if I have to I'll use a flat side exit fan from a laptop.

Anyway, Had a little bit of fun tonight

IMAG0206.jpg

I ordered a set of knobs tonight, should be here before the end of the week i hope.

IMAG0208.jpg

I decided to go with RCA jacks for the LED outputs. Dead easy to solder and I can use commercially made cables to make it look nicer.

IMAG0209.jpg

Looks like the laptop charger worked out allright. I'm able to re-use the power cord without having to hack it up and it will easily handle the 8 LEDs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change those RCA jacks ASAP. The outer sleeve (ground) isn't isolated. The LED(-) from each driver has to be isolated from each other, or it could cause some major issues. With the way you have it set up right now, they are common through the housing.

Archived