Pod Your Reef

Best reef safe pico pets other than gobies?

Mr. Microscope

Jacobnano I did not relize this was your thread ? I enjoy watching my bumble bee shrimp, thay are small and would get lost or go unseen in a larger tank. But seeing I keep them in a 2.5 gallon they are very noticeabel. I especally enjoy seeing the baby ones when they apear!

Your bumblebee shrimp breed ? Never heard of this before... What is the survival rate?

Survival rate is very good. It is a invert only tank specificaly for them. I only keep them with soft corals witch I find almost death defying and have no problems.

Mr. Microscope
Survival rate is very good. It is a invert only tank specificaly for them. I only keep them with soft corals witch I find almost death defying and have no problems.

Do you need to feed them, or do they scavenge on their own?

Mysis or pellets with the pump off for a couple minutes . They don't need much . That is when they aren't on the hunt the star fish but they only have a foot fetish so far.

corallineadam

my pico has a bunch of snails, a small blue leg hermit crab, and tons of soft corals! no fish, no large crabs or shrimp, just water, coral, and some macros ! B)

i got a paired mate GBG in my little tank and it wander around the tank and on the glass but make sure to build you a custom mesh top because sometime they like to do a carpet surfing. lol

Archived