ReefCleaners.org

JoeD's Sexy Playground

JoeD

Regarding John.... That two timing piece of..... :) yeah I'm working with him also. Great guy. I'll be curious to see how all this works out. Very similar plans/ideas. Thanks for sharing.

LOL funny how things work. But yeah, feel free to share any ideas with me as well, seems we have at least a similar plan.

Also, where in MD are you from? I used to live in Columbia / Ellicott City area, and we are moving back to DC this July.

Also, where in MD are you from? I used to live in Columbia / Ellicott City area, and we are moving back to DC this July.

In the Mechanicsville/Hughesville area.... Check WAMAS out if you haven't already, for the DC locals.

BTW nice tank and thread. Bouncing ideas off other people always seems to help.

• 2 weeks later...

6gbl20.jpg

Finally a wet tank...

Goodies from Lucid Propagations are due to arrive on Thursday... spoils of war from the 12" AOI cube contest.. :)

Rock goes in later tonight.

Very nice. I'm glad I found this again. I saw it a while ago, but didn't subscribe. What's all going to go in it?

Thanks for asking.... still a work in progress.

Stocking plans thus far are...

Hi-fin goby and pistol pair.. (trying to figure out a way to prevent them from causing sandscape headaches)

Palys/zoas/rics, some LPS, maybe a bit of SPS..... vague, But I'm pulling from existing tanks, and I'll have to see how it evolves.

Urchins still a possibility, as are a pair of black clown gobies.

• 3 weeks later...

Wiring... we hate it, but ATO and everything else on auto pilot... I think..

9umc0w.jpg

Front shot...

255i2bl.jpg

Still not 'scaped yet, but getting house mates acquainted with each other.

Top down view...

t0qcxu.jpg

Hard to see, but trachy in the back left, nuke greens center, pipe organ to the left of center, and to the right blastos in the rear, LOTR mid right, and King Midas front right are courtesy of my shopping spree with Lucid Propagations.

Lottsa work to do...if everything stays happy, I hope to actually aquascape this weekeend.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all...

It's in your bedroom?

No, I put the mantis tank in our bedroom.... not my brightest idea given the nocturnal tapping on things...

Finally ordered stuff from John at reefcleaners. It arrived today... Time for this tank to start moving forward.

Rescaping this weekend :) Time to get this tank out of its transient state!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
You've got a super nice selection of livestock in there.

Why are the pics so dark though?

Thank you, as for the pics, inept with a camera (getting better), and did not mess around with multiple settings/attempts, or post editing. Just wanted to get a short update posted.

• 1 month later...

you need to clean the front glass lol

otherwise it looks great!

some concerns

- why is that one maxi mini a bit brown in the center?

-if youre keeping this open top how are you preventing your fish from jumping?

you need to clean the front glass lol

otherwise it looks great!

some concerns

- why is that one maxi mini a bit brown in the center?

-if youre keeping this open top how are you preventing your fish from jumping?

yes, the whole tank needs to be cleaned :P very busy lately.

The maxi/mini should purple up as I lower the light over the next few weeks. My eye gave more credit to the light than it was due.

Regarding jumping... luck. Mostly bad, I'll be surprised if both YCGs make it till the end. One sexy already fallen prey to my daughters cat :} I wipe kitty hair off the rim on a regular basis.

I would put a screen on top, but..... no new stuffs

yeah thats my biggest concern about owning a shallow tank myself - i LOVE them but theres no way to cover them >_<

I understand your pains, hopefully your tank makes it though, it looks great as i said.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick thought.... Personally stepping away from the use of Marineland heaters.... Too many problems recently.... Customer service and warranty has been great, but need a more reliable heater... Too much at stake..

Archived