Pod Your Reef

fratitude's attempt at a SPS tornado...Vortech style

Fratitude

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your definatly in Fratitude. I deleted my post from the FTS thread since we are trying to keep that thread pictures only.

And I do like the AIO section. Something different compared to the normal AIO setup.

Updated pictures,

I have used 50% old water and 50% new, cycled LS and LR, and have about a 3/4" wave with my MP10. I added my corals and shrimp(til he gets killed by my MP10). Now all my equiptment is in my closet behind the tank, MP10 wave box, ATO jug,wires ect. I am looking for a fish to add, and I think im going to do Zoas and acros, so I might be buying some frags soon.

What fish would be unique?

Pics

Water test:

piconew8.jpg

Sand:

piconew9.jpg

Live rock, I think I like it? Its still kinda open and leaves alot of sand, while it looks lagoonish?

piconew7.jpg

thanks, im going to take more pics tomorrow.

What ya think for fish? my LFS gets TINY chromis/damsels in alot...I think I might do a couple of them in here. Would look nice with the tide action I got going. Def dont want gobies or other non swimming fish though, a flash of color swimming by makes a big difference to me.

LOVE IT!!! Why don't you add some fiddler crabs that can climb on the rocks...or something similar...

Updated pictures,

I have used 50% old water and 50% new, cycled LS and LR, and have about a 3/4" wave with my MP10. I added my corals and shrimp(til he gets killed by my MP10). Now all my equiptment is in my closet behind the tank, MP10 wave box, ATO jug,wires ect. I am looking for a fish to add, and I think im going to do Zoas and acros, so I might be buying some frags soon.

What fish would be unique?

Pics

Water test:

piconew8.jpg

Sand:

piconew9.jpg

Live rock, I think I like it? Its still kinda open and leaves alot of sand, while it looks lagoonish?

piconew7.jpg

Frat it looks great like an amano japanese clean look./

Mr aquarium has some relatively large colonies of bright green acros, some really nice ones and you could frag the whole colony to plant around your aquarium, then stick the cut-down base off to the side somewhere to replate!

definitly go with some tiny chromis, they are sooo underrated. when they eat they are like torpedos shooting around the tank. i love your tank, soo creative. can we get some shots of the rockwork??

Thanks,

and today! il take some pics when the light are on.

rock work is inspired by the dive site "snapper hole" off the east end in grand cayman.

WOW

the turbo (or turban idk) snails are really the only thing that give a size reference to this tank! Otherwise it looks massive! like a 30 gallon at least!

I would not be surprised if you won this contest ;D

WOW

the turbo (or turban idk) snails are really the only thing that give a size reference to this tank! Otherwise it looks massive! like a 30 gallon at least!

I would not be surprised if you won this contest ;D

idk bout that but thanks ALOT! im adding more soon!

do you know how cool this thing is gonna look if you go with montipora coral in the middle providing shade below, and a branchy SPS like birdsnest right at the top? This is the look I'm describing:

rctom108sps.jpg

Archived