Pod Your Reef

What to dose

Mustang Boy

ok guys i am setting up a pico tank for the pico contest and i would like to dose so i can have the nicest healthiest corals possible. i have never dosed before and would like to know what you all think would be the best thing to dose.

oh yea i plan on having zoas, maybe a couple rics n mushrooms, a few LPS and MAYBE 1-2 SPS late in the contest. lighting is an NEP 20in that i might be upgrading to a VHO if nanotuners comes out with a retrofit kit for this light.

oohh yea and i dont know if it makes a difference but i am using(well will be using) instant ocean reef crystals for salt

ok guys i am setting up a pico tank for the pico contest and i would like to dose so i can have the nicest healthiest corals possible. i have never dosed before and would like to know what you all think would be the best thing to dose.

oh yea i plan on having zoas, maybe a couple rics n mushrooms, a few LPS and MAYBE 1-2 SPS late in the contest. lighting is an NEP 20in that i might be upgrading to a VHO if nanotuners comes out with a retrofit kit for this light.

oohh yea and i dont know if it makes a difference but i am using(well will be using) instant ocean reef crystals for salt

You dose what is low.

What is low in your tank?

Honestly, it appears that you need to do a LOT more research on salt water chemistry before you even think about dosing anything.

Until you have that knowledge, the BEST(only) thing that you should dose is your regular Instant Ocean Reef Crystals water changes.

You should dose regular water changes. As in change a gallon a week. That will be all that you need in that size tank. Also keep track of salinity and get a small ATO if you can. Swings in that size tank can be rough on the coral. Much more so than anything else.

Archived