Pod Your Reef

Dying frogspawn

jflysmooth

Okay.. so two days ago my frogspawn started to close up unexplainedly.. I couldnt figure it out. My zoos were all closed too, but the leathers, xenia, and sutff we're fine so I couldnt figure out what was going on. Anyhow, today I made up a tank of fresh saltwater to move the frogspawn in becuase it looked like it was sick. I took it out and then I noticed that I can see the skeleton through where the mouth used to be located. Two days ago this was a THRIVING, HUGE, two headed frogspawn, today, its muck and obviously dying. Any ideas on what happened to it? I swear, nothing in the tank changed. My water is fine, things seem okay. I don't get it. Oh, and I added some carbon to the HOB and today the zoos are all opening again. My current guess is that the frogspawn was dying and thats what ####ed off the zoos. Ugh.

i just posted a thread in the beginers forum on this....had the same problem with my frogspawn....day 1 in the tank and it looked like it was doing fine but i woke up the next morning to find it almost fully retracted...what's up with that? i don't have leathers in the tank....only some green mushrooms, zoos and a torch coral which i added at the same time as the frogspawn. water parameters seem fine....don't understand what's up?

i suspect that it probably wasn't doing too fine to begin with seeing that when i bought it at the LFS, it had two heads but with one of the head dead so i had the LFS cut off the dead head....but when i placed the frag in my tank....it opened up in less than an hour and seemed to be doing fine.....any ideas?

Well I'd had mine for a long time, it was nice and thriving. I luckily have more of it in the 20H at my parents place (thats where I got this frag from months ago) I still don't know what happened to it. I mean, sometimes I've seenthem close up before, but they usually open back up within an hour or so... this one was closed for 2 days and was ####ing off everything else in the tank. Ugh.

Weird enough my own frogspawn which is only a week old is beginning to act up as well. I've also noticed it has lost a lot of color. Now my zoos didn't open up all day...can anyone shed some light into this little problem?

Archived