Pod Your Reef

How do you store your R/O?

jeremyd

As the topic states how do you store your R/O water? I have a two year old and I need something that there is no way she can climb in to. She has never been much of a climber but you never know when she may start so its better to be safe than sorry. I am really looking for something more tall than wide due to space and location. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

As the topic states how do you store your R/O water? I have a two year old and I need something that there is no way she can climb in to. She has never been much of a climber but you never know when she may start so its better to be safe than sorry. I am really looking for something more tall than wide due to space and location. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

5 gallon jugs for the water cooler from Walmart. $4 when on sale and I keep 4 in the garage.

OClownsandNanos

I use 20 gallon Brute trashcan with lid from HD to store R/O. , but I've got it in a spare bathroom we use for guests only that I keep closed. (I've got an almost 4 year old and a curious cat.) I use my 5 gallon HD buckets to mix the saltwater. If you're worried about her climbing in, I'd stick to a 5 gallon water jug. THAT she can definitely not climb or stick her head into.

I use 20 gallon Brute trashcan with lid from HD to store R/O. , but I've got it in a spare bathroom we use for guests only that I keep closed. (I've got an almost 4 year old and a curious cat.) I use my 5 gallon HD buckets to mix the saltwater. If you're worried about her climbing in, I'd stick to a 5 gallon water jug. THAT she can definitely not climb or stick her head into.

I have a 2 1/2 and 11 month old and my RO water is stored in 5 gallon jugs that I bought from my LFS. Nice thing is they can't fall into them. I also have a 30 gallon Brute trash can that I mix my water in, so the boys can't get into it. However, they are getting into my fuge...haha Little buggers want to help me add my supplements (fishy medicine). I had to put one of those child locks on my stand:) It's a great hobby though for the kids. They love all of the fish and vibrant colors from the corals. My 2 1/2 year old walks around and shows his 24 gallon reef to everyone who comes over and shows them my 95 gallon.. It's also nice when you go to the LFS with the kids and come back with some corals..(That they picked out) Wife says no to me all the time, but when it comes to the boys anything flys..haha It's a great hobby:)

This

H2O_Bottle_5_gal_handle.jpg

Then this to keep cap on tight during transport from home to the office

179259_lg.jpg

would also be very child proof unless you gifted a nut driver for Christmas

My RO reservoir is a standard 10g aga tank with an acrylic lid and I made a bracket for the float switch and added a heater with a small pump. I keep a 3/8" tube+valve in it with a siphon started so whenever I need to refill a topoff reservoir or a bucket for making SW I just open the valve on the tube.

23 gallon Rubbermaid recycling can for my top off reservoir. Its set up on a 24" high platform so its out of the way. Five 5G capped drinking water bottles for water change water.

The RO reservoir is a 32 gallon Brute (w/ Lid) on a stand in the garage. The mixed saltwater goes in 5 gallon buckets and gas cans. I think I'm going to get another Brute though.

My RO/DI reservoir is a 20 Gallon Rubbermaid container, with a float valve at the 15 gallon mark, and a 1/2" bulkhead at the bottom with a ball valve, that in turn connects to a second 20 Gal rubbermaid, witha bulkhead at the top(RO/DI reservoir is higher than the salt mixer), plus a T off the connection between the two, incase I need straight RO/DI water.

Archived