inTank Media Baskets

Splitting up Chemi Pure

ulver982

I got some chemi pure elite in a bag and was wondering if I could open the bag and only use half. The directions say that under no circumstances should you do this. I can't see any harm in doing this, any ideas?

yea i made mine smaller once and it did well, i mean i dont see why not, its zipp tied together for godsake. if you have another zipp tie id go for it. I think chemi pure just wants to sell you another bag... but there is the slim chance that im completely off base and in that case maybe wait for anothers opinion

• 3 weeks later...

the particles are just so tiny that a lot of filter socks won't hold the grain, thus having them slip through, and end up "snowing" all over the aquarium. Also, lot of people dont use common sense and may ghetto rig pantyhose for a sock, which usually snags and the stuff just goes everywhere.

Mix it up to evenly distribute, put two more zip ties on the existing bag and tighten them down while working the media out of the middle and when they are closed all the way cut between them? Presto changeo two mini bags?

That would get fine black powder everywhere but I think it could work, there is quite a bit of slack in the bag.

Archived