Pod Your Reef

woud you dose

violinist

Check my build thread, last couple pages, but here's the summary

alk before water change 6

WC on sunday

tested about 6 hrs later, alk 7

salt is oceanic

Was thinking maybe it was going down because of the specks of coraline starting to show up on the skimmer box and back wall... ?

Been reading for a couple of days on this, didn't seem like it would go up on its own - can you elaborate?

You tank is not very old. I would keep checking the alk, but would keep doing weekly water changes. It should go up slowly.

+1 only dose a nano if it's 100% needed IMO.....things will usually work out with just a WC in a tank of that size

Hmm, 5 gallon WC pushed it from 6 to 7.

So stubborn noob that I am (honestly though I really appreciate the responses and they don't fall on deaf ears), I went ahead and did a greatly reduced dose of a/b.

12 drops of each which is less than 1/3rd the recommended dose based on water volume (not tank volume). Waited an hour and a half and tested. Alk 8, Calc 400.

I'll keep testing and see if/when the level drops again.

Thanks again!

cheryl jordan
Hmm, 5 gallon WC pushed it from 6 to 7.

So stubborn noob that I am (honestly though I really appreciate the responses and they don't fall on deaf ears), I went ahead and did a greatly reduced dose of a/b.

12 drops of each which is less than 1/3rd the recommended dose based on water volume (not tank volume). Waited an hour and a half and tested. Alk 8, Calc 400.

I'll keep testing and see if/when the level drops again.

Thanks again!

Just curious what time are you checking Ph? And what time are you dosing?

Archived