Pod Your Reef

Kent or TLF for Cal/Alk?

TJ_Burton

I need to get some decent Calcium and Alk/buffer liquid addatives for my dosing system to use, and I can't make up my mind between:

- Kent Tech CB (A&B)

- Kent Liquid Calcium & Kent Pro Buffer DKH

- Two Little Fishies C-Balance (A&B)

Are the any reasons to choose one over the other? Does anyone have any preferences and why? I have never used liquid addatives for calc/alk before; in the past I just used powders etc. Price isn't a concern since I can get all of those products at pretty much the same cost.

Thanks in advance!

Why can't you just use lime water for Alk/Cal? I heard people are having great result of using it. They are cheap as well.

Technically I could, or I could continue using powders and make stock solutions, but I'm being rather lazy about it and just want to be able to swap out bottles every so often and not worry about my measurements being correct.

I was hoping to get a comparison bewtween the products I listed above because I can get them considerably cheap, but I have never used them before.

I need to get some decent Calcium and Alk/buffer liquid addatives for my dosing system to use, and I can't make up my mind between:

- Kent Tech CB (A&B)

- Kent Liquid Calcium & Kent Pro Buffer DKH

- Two Little Fishies C-Balance (A&B)

Are the any reasons to choose one over the other? Does anyone have any preferences and why? I have never used liquid addatives for calc/alk before; in the past I just used powders etc. Price isn't a concern since I can get all of those products at pretty much the same cost.

Thanks in advance!

i have began using Kent Tech CB part A and B and it seems to work really well, then again its the first and only supplements i have used for my reef

i have began using Kent Tech CB part A and B and it seems to work really well, then again its the first and only supplements i have used for my reef

Fair enough lol.

I am sure they all work; I am just trying to figure out if there is much of a difference betweem them. For instance, why does Kent make a two part solution, as well as a liquid calcium and liquid buffer solution that are not paired as an A&B additive? Is there any difference in quality between TLF A&B and KENT A&B?

I would trust the C-balance over the kent products. ESV's B-ionic is another common two part that many members, including me use. However, if you're interested in a DIY two-part see this:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/

I can't get B-Ionic at the price I would be getting the Kent or TLF for otherwise I'd be all over it ;)

The DIY stuff is very interesting, but I am lazy as hell - not going to lie lol... I really just don't want to get into it. I don't have space to store big bags of crap or the time to mix it all together and what not.

So why would you trust TLF over Kent?

So why would you trust TLF over Kent?

Because it and B-ionic were the two mentioned in one of the first articles that explained two-part dosing to me. I have an aversion to kent because of their many useless products.

Archived