Cultivated Reef

Hemi's 5.5 Gallon Reef Ledge

hemi

I EXTREMELY want some for my 125G tank! I want really small ones cause I might get a Greenbanded Goby and mini dart fish. lol

yea im planning on having a small species of goby in my hex so i want the really small ones for less of a chance of it getting eaten

and if your serious about greenbanded goby and mini dart fish DD has a pair of green banded gobies, and later tonight they will be listing a pair of blue eye mini dart fish if your fast you might be able to get them

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
yea im planning on having a small species of goby in my hex so i want the really small ones for less of a chance of it getting eaten

and if your serious about greenbanded goby and mini dart fish DD has a pair of green banded gobies, and later tonight they will be listing a pair of blue eye mini dart fish if your fast you might be able to get them

I get their daily DD emails and I don't really likie LiveAquaria...

animalmaster6
oohh i see

ya I had an EXTREMELY bad experiance with them...

I ordered

Royal Gramma

Greenbanded Goby

Yellow-Line Shrimp

4 Lettuce Nudibranches

So I ordered it. The box with them came in right on the day they said it would come in on. So I open the box and there was just the Royal Gramma and Greenbanded Goby. We figure it was just a misunderstanding so we call them. They say they forgot the shrimp becuase they had a very busy week. They said we ordred the nudibranches. But, someone who visited their warehouse picked them up even though we ordered them before the person picked them up for themselves. So we say fine what are you going to about it. They said they will send them to us with free shipping and they are very sorry about this. We say fine.

So then the box comes in right on time. I open the box and just the nudis are in there, no shrimp! So we call them and say this is an outrage. They said we'll give you free shipping again and you will get in 1 day shipping.

As of this day I still don't have the shrimp I was supposed to get many many months ago. I havn't ordered from them since.

wow that really sucks. i have yet to order from them because i refuse to pay those shipping rates when other sites have much cheaper shipping. although i may be ordering some fish from DD because i like to be able to see the exact fish/invert im buying not just a representation. thats why i will be willing to pay the little bit extra DD charges and the shipping price because when i do order from there i will be making an order of over $100 for fish/inverts for 2(maybe 3) different tanks so the shipping will be more spread out.

animalmaster6
wow that really sucks. i have yet to order from them because i refuse to pay those shipping rates when other sites have much cheaper shipping. although i may be ordering some fish from DD because i like to be able to see the exact fish/invert im buying not just a representation. thats why i will be willing to pay the little bit extra DD charges and the shipping price because when i do order from there i will be making an order of over $100 for fish/inverts for 2(maybe 3) different tanks so the shipping will be more spread out.

I plan on trying them again eventually...

Interesting use of slate for the back wall.

It is tile that I used on my kitchen floor. :P

nice rock scape. :)

Thanks I really like the way it turned out.

It took me 4 hours of stacking and finding the best way to lay the rocks to get this look.I didnt want to wait till it was up and running and never be happy with the way it looked.I have noticed in all my past setups I was always putting my hands in the tank moveing stuff around.I dont want to do that this time.It will make it hard to frag stuff from the tank not being able to remove the rock but I feal it is for the best.

Thanks for all the kind remarks about the tank so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a break from the .5x2 and did alittle to the 5.5.I cut some glass for the front half for a cover and finished my return lines.All I have left for this on is to finish the lighting.

55002.jpg

55006.jpg

Yes I did.It seems to be good.I tested with some food coloring and it flowed to all areas of the tank petty fast.I also notice the sand moveing around on the bottom alittle.If it ends up not being enough I have room to add another pump or just buy a bigger one.

cool with the setup i did i thought a 160gph pump would be adequate but it was nowhere near enough when i tested it out i could barely feel anywater coming out so i ordered another of the same pump and modified the inlet of my design a little but i have yet to test it out but i will probably be testing it out tomorrow if i remember lol

Archived