Top Shelf Aquatics

Dosing DOC :)

twichstile

What would be the best regimine for dosing Methanol to the substrate? Take and inject .5ml in the sand on the right side of the tank, then the next day/week inject to the left side?

I have been reading so much on this to try and figure out how to beat hair algae. I read the Nitrogen cycle in the Library section when I first came here but the Denitrification was so way over my head I didnt even know what was going on.

Im sure I have CSoli. Water is testing 0 nitrates and phosphates, but I am unduring a long battle with hair algae. API test kits, I am thinking of getting some higher quality kits in case the nutrients are in the algae and not detectable. I do water changes minimum of every 10 days and sometimes after only 4 or 5 days on the 55 gallon - 10 gallon water changes.

I have a skimmer that I am getting some parts for and that will be installed soon. I am also getting a new fuge pump that will increase turnover from about 2.5X to about 5 or 6X.

So I am excited about the changes coming soon, but this hair algae has got to go. I am conisdering light long term methanol dosing for the many benefits I have read about.

Archived