Cultivated Reef

"Herbtana" for Ick

willp2

I was at my LFS the other day and the guy running the place there was telling me about a reef safe ick treatment called Herbtana (or something like this) that he swore was the shizzle.

He swears no side effects and excellent results and there was tons of fancy science to back it up. Says he’s tried everything and this is the only thing that works for him in the stores tanks without affecting water quality at all and is totally reef safe. He said that it keeps the parasites from attaching, so I assume its something that stimulates slime coat or something like that.

Of course he was out of it at the moment though.

A google search brought up nothing. Anyone know if there is a more correct name for this stuff and if so, any chance it actually works?

I have heard of it. It is called Herbtana. Haven't used it, though. I have heard mixed reviews locally on it. Some club member used it successfully. One LFS swears by it and now carries no other ich medication. Another LFS said it wasn't so good and is still using kick-ich.

Ah, thats it, Great. Thanks much for the info. Not sure I want to try something like this, but I lost a couple fish recently to ick and don't want to add anymore until I have some kind of possible treatment ready so I am looking at options.

Thanks again.

Archived