Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Compact Fluroscents

BubblesnmahBrainstem

BubblesnmahBrainstem

What corals do you guys think would go with a 4x55W (bulbs are mixed dark blue actinic/10000k) CF setup in a 55gallon display tank (48"L x18"T)? I specifically want to keep some zoos, mushrooms, and maybe a brain. I haven't ordered the lights yet and MH's are a possibility still but I'm trying to avoid adding a chiller and redoing my canopy to put in more fans. Cost is a factor also lol. Thx@!

please do a search. there is TONS of info about this.

Those lights will be fine for zoos , shrooms and a brain. MH's are cool.... I have them 4.5 inches above the water w/ 2 2 .5 inch fans blowing in. all is good at 81 degrees, almost constant now.

BubblesnmahBrainstem

i have a general idea of what i want. alot of the info i've found on the corals i plan to add give general recommendations (ie low to moderate lighting) and i wanted to make sure what i'm setting up will be adequate along those lines. it seems everyone here swears by MH's lol.

since my tank is so long (48") i think it'd probably take two MH bulbs to avoid shadowing and only one area getting all the light which is currently beyond my means financially. is it best to avoid SPS's with just CF lighting?

Sps can be done under CF, just not to the desired results..... with a 48" widwe tank, definatley go w/ 2 MH if yuo want MH, otherwise, If you do 1 MH, put it over one side, and the CF across the whole tank, then you could keep say,m a little clam lagoon, or an SPS island.....

Archived