inTank Media Baskets

January 2010 - HeyLookItsCaps

Christopher Marks

You only feed your fish twice a week? Fish naturally and opportunistically feed throughout the day as they find food. Plus it is healthier for them to casually graze as eating large quantities of food, given they are probably starving by feeding time and will chow down like crazy, could lead to impactions and result in death. Maybe at least feed every other day? Not to start a fight, but it seems like twice a week is really more for your benefit, not the fishes.

HeyLookItsCaps

well, i try to feed twice a week, but i will come over and sprinkle some marine S pellets every so often, i mean i try to keep a guidelines so i dont over feed the tank and cause problems. they all have fat bellies all the time, and are well taken care of.

i should have put 2 (main) feedings of vitamin enriched foods i guess.

the angel wrasse and blenny all pick off the rocks and glass anyway, so the clowns are the only ones that need supplemental food.

Congratulations, I have been keeping up with your tank for a while now and you have some really good unique aspects to your tank.

Keep doing what you are doing - Well Deserved!!!

For January we're featuring HeyLookItsCaps and his 29 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find HeyLookItsCaps' tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for HeyLookItsCaps, and he'll try his best to answer them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived