ReefCleaners.org

Can a Clown kill an anomea with too much bonding.........

Sharkie

My clown has hosted almost immediatly hosted with my anomea that was on a piece of live rock that survived the cycle. The only thing is that the clown seems to be crushing the tips and the anomea is going green in the centre.

This guy was a hitchiker, hes only really small - but if possible i would love to keep him and let him thrive

sure, too much irritation can just about kill off anything. (i think my wife is a firm believer of this X) )

clowns can sometimes even eat parts of their hosts! some have theorized this is to gain immunity but such immunity has also been gained without ingestion.

usually for anemones too much lovin' from nemo isn't an issue. i've never heard of such rough sex killing the host (as the main factor at least).

but, rough lovin', can definitely kill off an unnatural host, i.e. torch coral, frogspawn, elegance, etc. those organisms were never meant to tolerate a clown rolling around in its mouth. their own tissues can rub and tear against their own hard and sharp skeletons. hth

If the species of anemone you have is not a natural host for the species of clown that you have. Then yes the clown could kill the anemone or the other way aROUND

CAPS IS OFF

RED LINE

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by tinyreef

but, rough lovin', can definitely kill off an unnatural host, i.e. torch coral, frogspawn, elegance, etc.  those organisms were never meant to tolerate a clown rolling around in its mouth.

So, if I've researched anemones correctly, a great host for clowns is Magnificient Sea anemone? Is that the same as bubble-tip coral?

Also, how long should one wait before introducing to a tank? Is 6 months right?

Thanks! :)

Archived