Innovative Marine Aquariums

The GSPs are at it again......

lizbeth

they hadn't been opening up all the way for a few days and then this morning they were open and had those little orange pellets all arount them. So it wasn't just a one time thing. The mystery continues..........

is it poop ? perhaps.....

check yer nitrates?

isthere any shrimp in the tank?

are fish nipping the GSP?

any corals contacting it?

Fishiebusiness

They're probably eggs. I saw a picture in a book about corals and it had some corals with lil round spherical things just like in the picture you posted a while back.

have you noticed an inordinate amount of bristleworms in your tank? i've noticed they have an almost commensural relationship with gsp's. normally they don't seem to bother the coral but perhaps the orange balls point to a spawning or some activity that was irritating the coral. now that the activity is over they are re-opening? sounds like i almost know what i'm talking about but sadly i don't.:P

Nishant3789

they are eggs. i read a thread on RC that erioc borneman replied to with a picture. are they pinkish orange or just orange? Anyhow, they may or may not start spreading the family. im not sure about htat check with eric borneman or im sure someone else here will be able to tell u

nishant

Nothing is bother them and I don't think there is a single bristle worm in the tank. Readings are 0,0,0. There is a cleaner shrimp but he wasn't in there last time this happened. They have opened back up and look fine.

They are a light flourescent orange and some appear strung together. The frag colony did it too. I figure it's either really pretty poop or eggs. :)

Archived