SaltCritters.com

Eclipse system12 reef...what about lighting?

keljim's

I am doing OK so far, I THINK. I haven't killed anything yet, but I'm concerned about adequate lighting for my corals and anemones. I am wondering if anyone makes a light that will fit the system12 without having to replace the fixture. I'm not an electrician, and I don't know squat about wiring. I want to be sure I'm providing the best environment for my critters, so any suggestions will be helpful. I have my nano set up with 23 lb of live rock, 20lb of live sand, some small reef crabs, one small emerald crab, 4 small turbo snails, one small carpet anemone that sneaked in on my rock, a small bit of leather coral, a couple of small mushroom coral, a small long tentacle anemone, and one very small but very happy clown fish. ( some bristle worms, and small stars and brittle stars also sneaked in on the rock)

When you say "without having to replace the fixture" I am assuming that you mean the canopy on the Eclipse correct? If you are referring to the included lighting with the Eclipse - it is most definitely going to have to come out and be replaced with a retro-fit. Here is an entire thread dedicated to Eclipse systems. If you want to avoid wiring concerns, then I recommend ditching the canopy altogether and using something similar to this

Archived