Coral Vue Hydros

Live Rock O.K. ?

newnano

Today is day 20 of cycling for my 15g high tank. It's got roughly 20lbs of LR and 20lbs of aragonite sand. Ammonia is in the 0.5 ppm range and Nitrite seem to be 0 ppm (or close to it). Several days ago, I would occasionally see what I think is bristleworms ( 1 or 2) as well as very very small things mostly on the side walls of the tank. Lately (past 3 days or so), I haven't seen any bristleworms and the number of white things on the tank as decreased. Is the LR ok? Can anything bad happen to LR after its been put in the tank. I bought it from my LFS and it was but in a day after I initially added the saltwater. SG is usually around 1.023. At day 20, shouldn't the ammonia start going down by now?

Any insight is appreciated.

you are fine. there is nothing wrong with your rock. be patient. soon you will enter the diatom phase, and it is worse. but at least you will have snails to watch.

nalbar

Hmmmm....I never have gotten any ammonia, nitrate, nitrite readings at all. They have always been zero. Now i wonder if something is wrong with mine. I hope not, because I have stuff living in there.

Archived