Innovative Marine Aquariums

Trimming Frogspawn

jrlim

wassup guys,

quick question. i never done this before but how should i trim my frogspawn? it is growing pretty big in my 7 gallon tank. just want to get some good advices before i actually trim it. dont wanna kill it :| just being careful. thanx.

~jr.

Is it a branching frogspawn or not? If its branching, then just cut one of the branches, if its not branching, I don't think you can frag it. Make sure you cut on the calcium skeleton and not the actual flesh.

For non branching you can frag as well...you attach a rubberband around the fleshy part and the skeleton causing the tissue to seperate, after it seperates you can saw it in half

calcium skeleton - you mean the hard part, right? yea.. my frogspawn has 3 separate heads... and then like 4-5 lil small ones growing on the branch. pretty kewl, huh? it is opening up pretty big and taking up alot of room in my tank. but yea... thanx for the quick response. i really appreciate it. thanx again.

Funny I just got done trimming mine.....check out the Meaty tissue and the new heads growin.....this is it right before fragging....by the way I used a set of clippers, worked fine

Archived