inTank Media Baskets

Vesian's JBJ 28g Nanocube LED

Vesian

I have my 28 nano cube 1 1/2" from the wall so I can use the nano glo fuge lite on back and the hood rest against the wall, never fell, never popped off hinges. I also have a painted 2"x4" screwed to the wall and the stand to the 2"x4" because I have Grandkids and didn't want the tank to get knocked and it works well it will not move.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is your aiptasia?

Aiptasia is mostly removed save for one lone one sitting near the front of my tank. The peppermint shrimp have left it there for some reason (it's not overly large or anything). Perhaps as a warning to the others? ;p

I have a 28g Nano cube too and had a question. Does your hood clear the wall when opened or rest against it? The reason I ask, is that on two occasions, the weight of my lights has popped the lid free from the hinges upon which it dropped to the floor :o

I am going to move my tank closer to the wall so that, when open, the weight of lid does not fully rest on the hinges alone.

Hmm, i've never had to worry about the top popping off as I never open it past a 90 degree angle; there are little hinge things on each side of the tank that you can prop up to brace and hold open the hood when you need to open it (same thing as that bar that holds the hood of a car open).

Archived