SaltCritters.com

New Addition: Frag Tank

burky_tc

acrylic racks?? lol

what color temp are your lights? 20k or 12k?

They are 20K's. And no acrylic racks. I will try and get around this week and get some pictures.

Ok so finally an update. Decided to put some sand and rubble on the bottom(just because I like the look of it) and I got everything painted black how I wanted. I also lowered the light structure a little bit.

Another big change is I now have a mag5 feeding this frag tank instead of just one pump going to my 40br, frag tank and reactors. The mag5 feeds the frag tank and so far just a carbon reactor but I will hook up a gfo reactor when I get around to picking some up. And for the flow in the tank I have 3 K-nanos.

Full Shot

100_0970.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0975.jpg

Misc SPS, some acans, Misc LPS, and some zoas/palys

100_0976.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0978.jpg

Sorry still working on my camera skills specially under these LED's

Still going strong and looking good! Got to love the shimmer they give off

How are the par38's holding up? I was thinking about the idea of hanging one of these over my BC14 topless...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update this frag tank will be coming down most likely tomorrow or the day after. Then if things go well I will have some pictures by the end of the weekend ;)

Ok here is the new tank. A fellow club member who is are acrylic guru decided he had no need for his frag tank anymore so I had to snatch it up. I was running out of room in the other tank. Fortunately the other tank sold immediately so I paid this one off.

Right now it is just a 2x39w retro in the hood but i have another 2 bulb retro on its way. I also plan on hanging the hood for easier access to the tank. You will also notice an area blocked off on the end holding my mangroves for now. This will be an area where I can throw some rubble and add ricordias to attach to the rubble. Or I have a large BTA and this can be a holding area if and when it splits.

Tank Dimensions 36" long, 12" wide, 6" high and the canopy is exactly the same.

101_1043.jpg

101_1046.jpg

101_1047.jpg

101_1048.jpg

101_1049.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived