Innovative Marine Aquariums

help me out someone!!!!!!!!

papi

they may not keep the colors, but hey everyone should have at least one white coral! Just kidding there. I have been trying to find a higher wattt PC light for a 20L, no luck so far.....

• 2 weeks later...

A 20 is a hard tank to light it seems. It is right in between smaller tanks that can grow anything fine with PC lights, and ones just a little bit bigger that need halide due to their heights. I once had a 20H, and put 2x65watts over it...good for low-medium light corals. Then I decided I wanted more (to do xenia, clams, etc). I was going to add another 65watter, but after looking around found that even that much might not be enough. See, it isnt just the amount of light, but the intensity and spectrum....two things where halides surpass compacts. The qualityof light is just better..so much that I bet a single 150watt halide would easily surpass the lighting given out by almost 200watts of power compact.

I went with a 175watt pendant. Now all my reef tanks are halides from day one...even the tiny ones...the 70watt halides are really catching on.

Archived