SaltCritters.com

Kayl's 28gal JBJ NanoCube QuadCF *Moved tank 03/13/11*

kayl

Lol

My wife should be glad that I didn't buy 5-6 of those minis ;)

Have you cut any yet?

Lol..........I didnt yet as i cant find no clean sharp blades around the house.All used and rusty lol.I always forget to pick some up.I will slice and dice soon as i pick some up though

• 2 months later...

Update!

I moved the tank on the 13th. It was only a 10 mile move, but it still took about 4.5 hours once all was said and done.

Monti that grew onto back wall:

IMG_0245.JPG

Empty tank :(

IMG_0246.JPG

All the buckets!

IMG_0247.JPG

Nearly everything back in the tank:

IMG_0249.JPG

Corals are stressed; is this zooxanthellae that is being expelled?

IMG_0250.JPG

Bacterial bloom 2 days after move:

IMG_0257.JPG

Pissed off elegance:

IMG_0262.JPG

The elegance partially bleached during mag dosing to kill bryopsis; hopefully the combination of the mag. dosing and the move won't be too much.

I'm still getting everything set up; I've just got the lights, pumps, heater, and skimmer plugged in to a powerstrip. I'm setting up my new Apex tonight :)

Ok, waters have cleared and everything appears to be bouncing back.

I took the time this last week to get all the new goodies I recently acquired set up and running on the tank. I'll add some pictures later of the different setups.

I added a Vortech Battery backup and installed the wireless expansion chip from EcoTech into my MP10es, making it a MP10wES. I mounted the battery backup in the rear of my stand.

In front of the backup, I mounted a 6x6x4 weatherproof junction box that I mounted my apex base unit and gaming adapter inside of. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the junction box and used a PVC fitting to make a bulkhead to run cables through. I set up the apex for internet accessibility; check out the link at the bottom of my signature for up to the minute tank status.

I mounted the 2- EB8 (apex power strips) in a 12x12x6 junction box that does fit in the stand, but doesn't work as well as I'd hoped; I'll likely be removing the EB8's and simply mounting them to the interior walls of the stand. Also mounted in the larger junction box is the Aquacontroller WXM; it allows the Apex to control wireless Vortech pumps. It's pretty cool to simply hit feed on the Apex and have my returns go off automatically and the vortech kicked down into feed mode.

The Deltec MCE 300 is a skimming beast, it was pretty interesting to see how much gunk it pulled out of the tank after the move.

All in all, I don't have everything set back up on the tank (ATO is on my list for tonight), but it's getting back to where it needs to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived