Cultivated Reef

Amonia level in a 3 gallon nano

biggyal66

I have been cycleing my nano for almost 2 weeks and my testing has been good so far. The only thing Im wondering is .25ppm of Amonia a bad thing but is it deadly? I am wanting to add a couple of CUC to the tank. Can I add them and not kill them. My Nitrates and Nitrites are 0 and steady. I think my ball of cheato is helping with that. Thanks

cheryl jordan
I have been cycleing my nano for almost 2 weeks and my testing has been good so far. The only thing Im wondering is .25ppm of Amonia a bad thing but is it deadly? I am wanting to add a couple of CUC to the tank. Can I add them and not kill them. My Nitrates and Nitrites are 0 and steady. I think my ball of cheato is helping with that. Thanks

If your tank still has any Ammonia readings it is still cycling. No .25ppm is not deadly but it shows that your tank has not yet developed enough nutrifying bacteria to convert the ammonia to nitrites. Wait until ammonia is 0, because once you add a CUC you increase the bioload and you do not have the stability yet. :)

If your tank still has any Ammonia readings it is still cycling. No .25ppm is not deadly but it shows that your tank has not yet developed enough nutrifying bacteria to convert the ammonia to nitrites. Wait until ammonia is 0, because once you add a CUC you increase the bioload and you do not have the stability yet. :)

+1 Wait it out, they should go away.

Archived