Top Shelf Aquatics

Salifert magnesium instructions

bird

Where the instructions say to draw the regent 3 to the bottom of the plunger corresponding to mark 1, does that mean the bottom as the syringe is inverted, meaning the bottom is really the top if you have the syringe pointing up but the bottom when it is drawing the regent in?

It says to read the remaining regent once the test is complete while the syringe is pointing up, instructions say to read the top of the plunger.

Is the top the bottom when pointing up or is the bottom the top when pointing up? Bottom the top when down or... :wacko:

lol. they make it so confusing. this is how i understand it. when u have the needle in the bottle draw up the solution until the part of the plunger that is farthest away from the connecting handle is at the one. u read the same part on the plunger when done.

The number order doesn't change no matter how you hold it.

Draw up solution until the "wet" side of the plunger is even with the 1.00 mL mark. Titrate as per instructions, then record the number where the wet side of plunger has stopped.

The number order doesn't change no matter how you hold it.

Draw up solution until the "wet" side of the plunger is even with the 1.00 mL mark. Titrate as per instructions, then record the number where the wet side of plunger has stopped.

do u have this test kit and have read the instructions? ur explination makes way more sence then theirs.

Why can't the instructions say that. OK, now makes sense. The plunger from top to bottom is quite wide and whether you read one or the other can make a big difference in final results.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, but they are reasonably accurate and precise. I like my DIY alk kit better but I don't have the cash to buy the pH indicator so...

Yeah, but they are reasonably accurate and precise. I like my DIY alk kit better but I don't have the cash to buy the pH indicator so...

Cool. What is that all about? Link or explain the DIY alk test please?

Archived