Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Water Filters?

hameen40

Originally posted by hameen40

Has anyone used the Aquarium Pharmacuetical Tap water filter. Is there any other alternatives, or any other cheaper water sources anyone could suggest.

used to use it for my display tank, stopped. affected my corals. fish were fine tho.

for nanos, buying distilled, ro, or ro/di water is easier imo. cost and headache-wise. the smaller the tank, the more you should 'buy water' imho. a 10g tank (without LR/LS) takes two 5g bottles to fill ($6~$8 ). if you water change 10% per week that's one bottle per month or so. no making the water (your time), worrying about not turning it off (it'll happen), no cartridges to replace/buy ($), emergency stash is already ready (oops!), and quality is pretty much guaranteed (in a pinch, you can drink it too). you can't drink the AP's Tap Filter (another reason i'm suspicious of it). hth

I'm setting up 30g tank, therefore buying the water would also be a little expensive. The LFS is also abit of a drive from my place (35 miles). Can RO or RO/DI water be purchased anywhere else, grovery stores or the like?

Archived