SaltCritters.com

BC14 PC problem

coleman4545

hey i have a bc 14 3 to 4 months old and today the 10k bulb decided it didnt want to turn on and then when it did all but half of one side lit up, actinic's still work fine so im guessing just a bad bulb or ballast(hope not) what do you think? thanks

hey i have a bc 14 3 to 4 months old and today the 10k bulb decided it didnt want to turn on and then when it did all but half of one side lit up, actinic's still work fine so im guessing just a bad bulb or ballast(hope not) what do you think? thanks

Not certain if it matters, probably not, but try flipping the bulb over, if the side that WASN'T lighting now lights up, while the other side doesn't, I would suspect a wiring/ballast issue, if it stays unlit, bad bulb.

Not certain if it matters, probably not, but try flipping the bulb over, if the side that WASN'T lighting now lights up, while the other side doesn't, I would suspect a wiring/ballast issue, if it stays unlit, bad bulb.

Or just swap ballasts. If the other one lights up fine then its not a ballast problem.

Or just swap ballasts. If the other one lights up fine then its not a ballast problem.

that too, I forgot the Biocubes have dual ballasts. lol

Archived