Top Shelf Aquatics

Caribbean SPS ID?

UncleLuke

My buddy got a shipment from the Caribbean (Jamaica?) over the weekend and hooked me up with some frags of the same coral that he got a bunch of. Any idea what it is? I have them acclimating now.

They are brownish red, very hard and dense, a little slimy but not too fleshy, no P/E yet. Each polyp is maybe 4-8mm across, very large for SPS.

Thanks guys

IMG_0372Medium.jpg

IMG_0370Medium.jpg

I get those on aquacultured live rock that I get from florida. I forget the name but they are some sort of non-photosynthetic lps. You have to spot feed them.

I agree with Oculina. Some are photosynthetic and some aren't. The np ones look white, so I'd say your is photosynthetic. Feed it either way.

My buddy got a shipment from the Caribbean (Jamaica?) over the weekend and hooked me up with some frags of the same coral that he got a bunch of. Any idea what it is? I have them acclimating now.

They are brownish red, very hard and dense, a little slimy but not too fleshy, no P/E yet. Each polyp is maybe 4-8mm across, very large for SPS.

Can we get some more info on where these are from? Can you tell us who your buddy is or have him clarify exactly where these came from?

Archived