Top Shelf Aquatics

bubbles not going away

wannabereefer

wannabereefer

I have done a search on bubbles( nitrogen air bubbles) and it seems that everyones tank only lasted a week or so then it dissappear. Well its been a whole damn month and my rocks are still full of em. 20g-long been up for 3 months, A=0 , trites=0, trates=0 , pH= 8.3 , SG=1.022 , 2x65 PC . WC's have been done with RO/DI waters every week. Any ideas to a new fella?

I have a whole SH!T load of bubble also

Thay started to show up about 3 weeks ago

when the lights come on there are no bubbles but within 3 or 4 hours it seems my tank is full of them-on the rocks glass corals everywhere

I have tried water changes every 3 or 4 days and all of my parameters are in order

So I am left with only one option and try and wait it out

It just looks like crap and it is ####ing me off

Just thought I would share

Originally posted by ngericke

when the lights come on there are no bubbles but within 3 or 4 hours it seems my tank is full of them-on the rocks glass corals everywhere

sounds like photosynthesis is taking place. O2 bubbles developing from the light. you probably have a light film of algae covering much of the surfaces. some fast moving snails should keep that in check (margaritas or astrae).

wannabe,

you could be having the same thing happen as well. it's pretty common, turbulent tanks don't see it as often as the bubbles are agitated off the surfaces by the water flow but sometimes high flow everywhere isn't feasible.

do you run a skimmer? microbubbles can escape and accumulate faster than they burst.

i got the same problem like you guys before and it last well over 2 months .most people said add more powerhead so i did it and well its getting more worst and i notice that bubbles is coming out from the PH ,so what i did is take all my PH out and bought AC300 HOB it is 300gph on a 15g tank .its been 2 weeks now and hardly see any bubbles.

Archived