Coral Vue Hydros

Porcelain Crab

Chyendra

how big do these guys get?

do they have to have an anemone?

would they do well in a 20 gallon long with a skunk cleaner and small sand sifting crabs?

yes they will do great with those.

no they do not need an anenome, they will gladly take over a ric or a shroom or even a rock. what they REALLY want is a high flow zone (they are filter feeders).

not to big. maybe two inches across claws (not body length), but i have never seen one that big.

they don't bother anything (except to chase them away from their area), you just have to be careful that something else does not eat THEM.

one of my favorite inverts.

nalbar

hmmm, crawl out? maybe if the poor bastid had a ladder. while mine does not stay in one place like brahm's, it certainly stays where his feet hit the rock. sexy shrimp seem to like to 'jump' around the tank but the crab has a lead butt.

nalbar

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is always trying to escape. It tries to climb up the glass back legs first and pushes with his front legs. It has currently found the cord for the digital thermostat in the tank and is always trying to climb up it. It's so fun to watch. :P

I ordered Linguini with Pesci at a local Italian eatery last week. One of the Mussels has a porcelain crab in it. I bit down on the mussel and got a crunchy surprise! I did some research and found that Procelain crabs are commonly found hanging out in the syphons of bivalve mollusks.

Archived