Coral Vue Hydros

intank media basket for bc14 installation question

gagaliya

Hi there,

I just ordered the biocube 14 media basket. The tank will be freshwater planted, and i plan to fill all chambers fully with water to remove surface agitation (co2 loss). The tank is new version - with builtin fish guard and the stupid hole between chamber 2 and 3 (the reason i need the basket to block it off).

My question is to install the media basket, i basically just need to do the following and not everything in the video right?

1) Cut away the blocker plastic between chamber 1 and 2

2) Remove false bottom of chamber 2, and of course bioballs

3) Slide in the media basket (with my filter stuff)

Since the media basket is completely sealed off except the bottom, it will force the water down the column and exit at bottom into the sponge/pump at chamber 3, instead of through the hole in the middle of the wall between chamber 2 and chamber3 bypassing most of the chamber2 bio filters. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you very much

inTank you for your order. It will be shipping tomorrow 12/1/2009.

Most of this is correct. Because the rack does not take up 100% of the space then water will still exit out the new hole depending on your water levels. I do not know why they added that and have pondered over it for a long time.

Because of the molding pieces on the to of the tank the rack can not take up all the space, it has to be smaller to fit in. The chamber will still have water around the rack but the water that does enter will be filtered and pulled through the basket before exiting.

Then it will fill the chamber and or sucked through to chamber three. You really don't need to 100% block off the hole but if you think it is needed a little super glue and a couple scores on a CD case will do the trick.

I got you, should be ok as most of the water will be forced through the basket and only when they exit they may go back up through the hole. Not very handy, maybe i will just grab one of them relatively hard rubber and push it between the hole/basket.

Improvement suggestion: add a plug thing that's the same shape as the hole to the side panel of the basket that's facing chamber 3, User insert the basket down, then move it to the left and it will neatly plug off the hole in the wall. That will get a lot of freshwater nerds interested in this ;)

anyway thanks for the quick response!

inTank you for your order. It will be shipping tomorrow 12/1/2009.

Most of this is correct. Because the rack does not take up 100% of the space then water will still exit out the new hole depending on your water levels. I do not know why they added that and have pondered over it for a long time.

Because of the molding pieces on the to of the tank the rack can not take up all the space, it has to be smaller to fit in. The chamber will still have water around the rack but the water that does enter will be filtered and pulled through the basket before exiting.

Then it will fill the chamber and or sucked through to chamber three. You really don't need to 100% block off the hole but if you think it is needed a little super glue and a couple scores on a CD case will do the trick.

Archived