Cultivated Reef

disapearing animals...so wierd

tdsounds

months ago when I added a blood fire shrimp it dissapeared...couldn't find the body...after that my royal gamma dissapeared....hermit crab claws on the sand bed..found out that the hermit shell was empty with no body....now again another red hermit claws on the sand bed and found his body gone from the shell too. I did see some of those worms that had spikes on it, but it was small. He can't be the culprit ehh?? So far my tank has no fish. I don't want to add anything in the tank cause I'm trying to put more corals in. Last time all my fish got some sort of disease and died. I'm thinking about getting a 75 gallon reef, but man if I can't take care of my 18 gallon I'm not sure

Sounds like a mantis to me...

I'm thinking about getting a 75 gallon reef, but man if I can't take care of my 18 gallon I'm not sure

Actually I've heard bigger tanks r easier and more forgiving.

What moron would hand-feed a mantis AKA thumbsplitter :D lol

The pictures you showed r pretty nice colored ones, they come in different colors...

just grabbed those pics from a site devoted to Mantis...

apparently the one with the guys hand in the water is growing it's appendeges back..... it's a spearer also....

I'm sure one of this size couldn't reside in tdsounds tank. If so, it surely would've been spotted by now.......

at least, one would hope so...

with the lights out, try putting a small piece of shrimp on the bottom and see if one appears. (if it doesn't, don't leave the shrimp in there)

give it a while. half-hour or so.

if you do have one, it'll probably be in a burrow under the rocks, or in your rockwork itself.

Archived