Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SeaClear acrylic

txg8gxp

Hows it going, I haven't been able to find to many reviews on the seaclear acrylic aquariums. I have been looking at there 50 gallon, but not sure on quality versus price. Any info would be great Thanks,stephen.

• 1 year later...
Hows it going, I haven't been able to find to many reviews on the seaclear acrylic aquariums. I have been looking at there 50 gallon, but not sure on quality versus price. Any info would be great Thanks,stephen.

My FOWLR tank was originally a companion to a Marineland Eclipse 2 24x12 hood. The tank itself is a SeaClear acrylic tank and is the only part of the setup I still use.

I can't say I'm a huge fan; the original tank F&S sent was cracked where the support piece crosses the middle of the tank top. The replacement developed a small (insignifigant, but annoying) crack in the same place. Metal screws + acrylic + shipping/water weight = bad.

The tank is rimless which makes it look pretty hot but does have some obvious bend and warp after a year of use. I'm happy enough but not thrilled.

Price is right, but definitely not a super-quality product.

• 1 month later...
My FOWLR tank was originally a companion to a Marineland Eclipse 2 24x12 hood. The tank itself is a SeaClear acrylic tank and is the only part of the setup I still use.

I can't say I'm a huge fan; the original tank F&S sent was cracked where the support piece crosses the middle of the tank top. The replacement developed a small (insignifigant, but annoying) crack in the same place. Metal screws + acrylic + shipping/water weight = bad.

The tank is rimless which makes it look pretty hot but does have some obvious bend and warp after a year of use. I'm happy enough but not thrilled.

Price is right, but definitely not a super-quality product.

I have a bunch of seaclears, I bought them for peace of mind as far as leaks go when breeding freshwater fish.

I would NOT recommend ever for a salty tank, or any tank with gravel/sand. They scratch so so so easily inside and out. They also bow a fair bit and ruin viewing perspectives. Then you have to worry about lighting, since MH over can be bad. Also crazing which happens with simple temp changes, although not dangerous, but unfixable and unsightly.

I called the company about the crazing and they wouldnt fulfill their lifetime warranty because 1. it didnt leak from crazing and 2. I must have used some solvent on them to cause crazing (which I didn't... but alas).

Ive never seen one real life acrylic reef that looked pristine after a few years.

Archived