ReefCleaners.org

Feather Duster missing head?

jneuringer

I think it usually happens when they are stressed. I'm a novice too and this recently happened to me. I've heard that sometimes they die and sometimes they grow back. Mine is still alive. There is a crevis in the rock where I can see the worm and I can see it move within the tube. It still responds to target feeding. I feed it Micro-Vert and the pinched end of the tube pops open and shut when I squirt it at it with a baster. I'll keep ya updated on the progress.

Stress related. I've had it happen a few times. The heads tend to grow back but once out of the five times it's happened to me the duster died.

You may wanna run a series of tests to see how everything is.

Cameron

FYI - Just wanted to let you know that my feather duster finally came back today. It looks kinda funny, since its feathers are only .5" or so compared to the original 2.5-3", but at least it's alive.

Ok this is weird.. Mine jumped right out of the tube and was just lying there.. He was alive.. i grabbed him and put him back in the tube which he didnt seem to mind...

I have heard of them popping out of their tubes.. From what I heard some of the just grew back right where they landed.. But I have also heard of some not surviving

Archived