Top Shelf Aquatics

Percs

Marie

I bought a pair of percs a couple of weeks ago, the tanks been set up as a fish free reef since april.

The percs will only eat brine shrimp, and wont go near the flake.

How do i try and wean them?

I have african cichlids and have had similar problems with their prellets and just fed the new stuff til they ate it. Do i do the same? Obviously with removing waste food.

Thanks,

Marie

they should switch over. clowns eat fairly well in my experience. might try a mix of brine and flake and slowly decrease the amount of brine and increase the amount of flake

Or try something "tastier" than flake food, but better than brine shrimp, such as frozen Formula 1 & Formula 2. Finely minced, this is what all of my nanos eat every day.

gargoyleexotics
Or try something "tastier" than flake food, but better than brine shrimp, such as frozen Formula 1 & Formula 2

I agree. All of our tanks like the frozen (and even pellet) formulas much better than the flake (even though they are all Ocean Nutrition products).

When they get hungry enough they'll eat. Mine seem to try to eat my snails, sand, any hair algae, and the glass. Wierd little things. :) Which reminds me, I need to get them a BTA (does $40 sound right?) because the one sleeps w/ my magfloat and the other w/ the heater!! :

Archived