Top Shelf Aquatics

can a aquafuge ps keep a mandarin fed on a 29g biocube?

demonclownfish

demonclownfish

i was wondering if i put a small aquafuge w/ the attached protein skimmer on my 29g biocube if it would keep a mandarin sufficiently supplied with pods? and is $150 a good deal for that?

No. Definitely not.

+1 for a few days maybe.

A dragonet in that small of a tank needs to be taught to take prepared foods. The fuge would be useful in the transition period, however.

if you can train him, cool. I trained my Red Scooter Blenny to eat shrimp and silver sides - trying to get him to eat pellets because thawing frozen everyday is a pain. Im setting up a coepod farm so that I can add more dragonettes then the fish will eat like in nature and I'll only have to dose a couple times a week...

corallineadam

i kept a mandarin in a 29g with ~25lbs of lr and a small aquafuge for like 3 years. the fish died during a week-long power outage one winter :(

my answer: YES you can do it

i didnt mean solely pods, i would be feeding mysis and bloodworms along with them.

You asked about keeping supplied with pods, and without making some pod farms, the answer is probably not. But, its would probably work for supplemental feeding if you trained him to eat frozen.

Archived