SaltCritters.com

New Green Coral, A Galaxy?

T.J.

I purchased a new coral today, and I'm pretty sure it was a Galaxy, but I forgot by the time I got home. I'm hoping it's not a Galaxy, due to the posts I've seen here. It has a nice "carpet" of green tenticles (small ones) and about 4 spots where little white "hands" pop out and filter the water, then go back in. The come in and out about every 2 seconds. Also, I haven't seen any long tenticles at night. Is this a Galaxy, and should I worry? I can't take it back if it is. I've got a 7gal mini-bow, 32watt CF retro. I can email a pic if needed.

TJ

Thanks for the reply. I was watching it in the dark, and I thought I saw one very thing sweeper come out. Not too long tho. Also, do Blue Legged Hermits like to eat these things? One of my crabs keeps going to the same spot on this thing, no matter how many times I move the crab to other spots in the reef. I'll get a pic up later this morning.

TJ

Here's a crappy pic of the coral. I'll try for a better one during daylight hours. The white spots are where the "hands" come out of. The shell in the right corner of the coral is the hermit that won't stay away.

TJ

need a much closer pic if possible. galaxea has really thin sweeper tentacles. they can get really long. You have it in a good spot if it is. It is fairly aggressive and will sting many other corals.

Archived