Cultivated Reef

Ugly Tank Contest

johnmaloney

The Contest:

It is time yet again to show what overfeeding and direct sunlight can do. Got a well water reef? It is time for a FTS. The 2009 Ugly Tank Contest is open to contestants. We are looking for tanks that are ugly, in any way because of nuisance algae or cyano -despite my attempt at a clever title - GHA, film algae, and diatoms etc...are all welcome.

The Rules:

Submissions must have a full tank shot (FTS). Only that picture will count towards the contest, but other supporting close up photos are appreciated.

You can reply to this thread to submit the photo.

Pictures must be submitted by November 30th.

We will be selecting the worst 4 tanks from those submitted. Each of these tanks will receive a $20 gift certificate.

At some point we will pick out some of the people we know that have had nuisance algae problems to judge the winner.

Winner gets a free custom clean up crew shipped!

Show us how bad it can get! Be prepared for some good humored kidding, but please don't be embarrassed.

This is funny.

Wait until you see the tanks. ;)

good luck to you Scott! get the camera fired up and be the first to post. :) First to post will have some extra consideration in my judging.

Wait until you see the tanks. ;)

good luck to you Scott! get the camera fired up and be the first to post. :) First to post will have some extra consideration in my judging.

Lights are out, gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

As a moderator, I would disqualify myself from winning a prize anyway. But I'll post to show what can happen. :o

haha, DARN I bet mine was the dirtiest tank! too bad my pride and fear of embarrasement kept me from taking any pictures of it! I cleaned my tank this weekend. I even scrubbed my rocks... <_< But i can't wait to see the winner haha.

oh man!!!!! that was a far fall el fab. got to hate when life gets into the way of reef projects.

that tank is fine, the water is still clear....i bet it doesnt smell either

i want to see this smell you are talking about

Archived