Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

1 week old and BLOOM!

Carl_in_Florida

Carl_in_Florida

Please move this thread if it is in the wrong forum.

My Eclipse 6 is a little over a week old. I have 2 18W daylight curly Q's and a 13w blue bookworm. I run the lights about half the day on a timer. I have 10lbs of live rock (noncured Gulf Rock, lots of stuff on it) , 10 lbs of live sand. Water from the LFS, top off with RO from the LFS.

After a week, my water looks like I am runing a powerhead with an aerator on it. There is alge begining to get stringy where the powerhead hits the glass and my sand already looks brown.

From reading threads, it seems like I have a bloom from all the dead and dieing material in the tank. But it seems like after 6 weeks of this my water may be a solid (anybody walk through a marsh before? like that!).

I know that this will all balance out and the cleanup crew will come in and make everything pretty (right?).

Just give me a little pat on the head.

My test kit is in the mail so no readings but I guess i could take a sample to the LFS.

Looks like a normally cycling tank. Pretty nasty huh? Increase the flow a bit and wait it out. It'll diminish. Be sure you're using RO/DI or at the very least distilled water.

Archived