Pod Your Reef

Ecoxotic Panorama LED Module

firefish CR

I was looking at adding the Panorama strip to my 4x24 T5 set up in hope of adding PAR and making for some SPS. Has anyone tried this or know if it would work? Is there a better option (I have limited space)?

I was looking at adding the Panorama strip to my 4x24 T5 set up in hope of adding PAR and making for some SPS. Has anyone tried this or know if it would work? Is there a better option (I have limited space)?

Same question but for the 6.30 T5 retro kit

p.s. I spoke with the Ecoxotic people and in march they are coming out with a 60 degree lens that will apparently boost par but will cost a little more money

Was thinking about 3 in a 29 gallon BC for which would completely replace the stock PC setup

3 might cut it for a BC29, but 4 would be a lot better. It's more for coverage than intensity.

It's only going to add PAR directly under the strip, and not into the whole tank. You would be better off investing in better bulbs. You should be able to keep sps with a 4x24W fixture anyway.

Same question but for the 6.30 T5 retro kit

p.s. I spoke with the Ecoxotic people and in march they are coming out with a 60 degree lens that will apparently boost par but will cost a little more money

How much more PAR do you want? :lol: The 6.30 kit will be 180W of T5s. You have other problems if you can't keep what you want under that setup.

It's only going to add PAR directly under the strip, and not into the whole tank. You would be better off investing in better bulbs. You should be able to keep sps with a 4x24W fixture anyway.

Thanks for the reply...

I have good bulbs now (I think)... but I am always open to suggestions

Aquatic Life HO 420/460 NM

Geisemann HO Actinic Plus

UVL HO 75/25 14k AquaBlue

Geisemann HO Actinic Plus

...but I have not had any luck at all with SPS. I have explored all of the other options(water condition, flow, etc.) and I assumed it must have been a light issue. I guess I need to keep exploring options.

All the actinics are killing your PAR. Go take a read through the T5 Info thread for some recommendations on bulb combos that will produce way more PAR than you are getting right now. The only bulb that you are running that has reasonable PAR is the UVL 75/25.

the_anti_honda

evilc66-

Just thought I would let you know if you wanted to add more Panorama Modules to the fixture you wouldn't have to do anything internal. The Panorama Modules have their own separate power supply.

All you would have to do is add them into the fixture then plug them into the wall.

Now the modules that are in the fixture do in fact have individual drivers for easy replacement like you said.

All the actinics are killing your PAR. Go take a read through the T5 Info thread for some recommendations on bulb combos that will produce way more PAR than you are getting right now. The only bulb that you are running that has reasonable PAR is the UVL 75/25.

Thank you, I will. I received those bulb recommendations from someone who has a great looking tank with lots of SPS but he runs a 6 bulb set up and may not have made the right adjustments for 4 bulbs. If I could get more PAR with the 4 bulbs then I could probably go with the cheaper "Stunner strips" to add some "actinics" and some "shimmer".

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to work on either the 3G JBJ pico or a 2.5G AGA tank. I was going to make a wooden canopy and I would love to use LEDs to light the canopy to avoid cooking the fish and coral. Would 1 strip of the ecoxotic Panorama LED Module be enough? Could i get away with just lighting the tank with ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips? If so how many? I plan to just do soft coral in the pictope.

If i have to go with the Panorama LED Module, does the ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips wire/connect to each other? I ask that because it would be nice to use the Panorama for the daylight and Stunner for the sunrise/dusk lighting

Thanks very much for your time

I think Stunners would be pushing it for primary lighting. A Panorama and a Stunner or two would be really nice. The Stunners link together (up to 6 per power supply), but won't link to the Panoramas.

I think Stunners would be pushing it for primary lighting. A Panorama and a Stunner or two would be really nice. The Stunners link together (up to 6 per power supply), but won't link to the Panoramas.

• 2 months later...
VtheMaestro
How would 4 of the $95 Panorama LED Modules be different from the $617 Panorama LED Fixture? Arn't the LED's the same ? Any way to control them ?
Yes, they are the same. The only way to control these lights is with timers.

i'm not sure about this. i think the individual modules don't have the reflectors that the fixture modules have

i bought 2 of the white/blue panorama led modules for my 14 gal biocube back in February. Everything (mainly all softies and one birdnest) is doing well. I am looking to add a clam to my tank so I added another strip. Do you think this is enough lighting for a crocea clam? Would I still need to place it at the very top or could it sit in the middle of the tank?

Reefmonster
i bought 2 of the white/blue panorama led modules for my 14 gal biocube back in February. Everything (mainly all softies and one birdnest) is doing well. I am looking to add a clam to my tank so I added another strip. Do you think this is enough lighting for a crocea clam? Would I still need to place it at the very top or could it sit in the middle of the tank?

I was hoping that Evilc66 would chime in and answer your questions because I also want to retrofit my BC14 with (3) of these...I think I read somewhere that even if the LEDs are blue they still add PAR not like other blue actinics. Anyhow I was hoping to keep virtually any light loving coral / invert, looking for a 14K overall effect. Anyhow, I figured I'd use (2) 50/50 Panorama's and (1) 452nm Panorama with an R2 Moonlight... Any thoughts?

VtheMaestro

you may find some of the info you need here. You'll at least be able to see what others are keeping with their ecoxotic modules/stunners

Archived