inTank Media Baskets

Dosing Randy's #1 for ALK

Trolldoll

I've started dosing Randy's #1 recipe (baked baking soda) to maintain my ALK. For the past week I've had do dose 40ml to keep it at 8. Should I try and spread the dosing out to keep the ph more stable? I also dose 5ml ofTropic Marin BIO CAL mid week to keep my cal up over 420. When I dose the Tropic I don't use Randy's since Tropic raises both. I use Tropic Marin and API test kits.

DOSED 30ml in am

8/16 5pm

ALK 7

CAL 442

Mag 1360

PH 8.2

DOSED 40ml in am

8/17 5pm

ALK 7.5

PH 8.3

DOSED 5ml Tropic Marin in am

8/18 5pm

ALK 8

PH 8.3

What is your calcium (and magnesium)?

Sorry lakshwadeep I only tested mag once 1360 and cal 442 w/Trpoic Marin Kit on the 16th.

The 18th I tested Cal 440 w/API kit after dosing Tropic Marin Bio Cal in the am. All testing is done in the evening. 5-530pm.

If I have time in the morning I will test everything. I'm suspecting my ALK to be 7 and my PH to be 7.9-8. I think I may dose 30ml in the am and then 20ml in the evening. The first time I dosed in the evening 40ml my ph went from 8.1 to 8.6. :o Thats why I started dosing in the morning and want to spread it out. Before dosing Randy's my ph was 7.9-8.1. Now I'm seeing 8.1-8.3. I may have to use recipe #2.

Results from tonight Dosed 40ml in am.

ALK 7.5

PH 8.3

Archived