Top Shelf Aquatics

New fish

Tinytank

So I got an email yesterday from my school (Auburn) that said they were selling some baby Two banded clownfish (Amphiprion bicinctus)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=1438

for $15 each (which seems like a super deal compared to the price on LA).

I went by and looked at their setup and they have I think seven spawning pairs.

I figured since I don't have a fish that I could pick up two of them for my ten gallon mixed reef (Until I graduate and can get the 40b that I want.

They are about 3/4" and 1" respectively.

My question is about feeding and flow. The were eating flake and freezedried cyclops at the school and I have both but I am not sure how often I should feed them. Is a few times a day too many because they ate like pigs today?

On flow, I have a TON of flow in my tank though I'm not positive in terms of GPH. I know my tank can live with less but I like the extra and my corals seem to as well (mostly zoas and LPS, with a few SPS). How much is too much for these little guys? With everything on they are fighting the current the whole time. I have turned off the two more powerful pumps for now but I guess I should just wait until they grow a bit more.

If anyone has any experience with these guys, or lives nearby and wants to get a few at a great price I would love some insight.

they need at least a 30 gallon tank...

I am aware that at full size they will need a larger tank and fully intend to provide them with one. Each of the 7 spawning pairs were in 20L with an eggcrate divider taking up about a third. They had 12 or so babies in a 10gal with sump. These fish are small enough that they will be fine for months.

I really would like some info on how often I should feed them or what I should look for in a fish that is under too much flow.

Thanks

ok cool. if s fish is in too much flow it will eventually get tired and stop swimming as hard, just going with the flow of water

srry i dont have any experience with feeding these fish

I appreciate the response

Yeah they weren't being blown around but the littlest of the two was swimming somewhere are 80% I would say. Definitely too much flow for him.

Ill just go with feeding a couple of times a day unless I notice them getting thinner unless someone has experience with this fish?

I appreciate the response

Yeah they weren't being blown around but the littlest of the two was swimming somewhere are 80% I would say. Definitely too much flow for him.

Ill just go with feeding a couple of times a day unless I notice them getting thinner unless someone has experience with this fish?

I havent had that types of clown, but i have had baby clowns, and though the first couple of days they were blown a bit, they seemed to do well, shortly after.

Figured I would post a pic of the little guys since they made it through their first night with me.

Sorry for the quality its from a phone. They are cute fish.

IMG00082-20091117-1700.jpg

Archived