SaltCritters.com

leather is coming apart

lazeelegs

i bought a blue leather from my lfs last week,,fine no problem

well now it is starting to shred at the base of the limbs,,,

it was just one of the limbs at first now its both of them,,,u can see the white skin underneath,,,,,

what can i do???

does it need to be taken back????

the rest of my stuff,,,zoo's shrooms rics are fine,,,,

i hate to see it like that

please help???

Blue leather! OMG! I've been looking for blue leather for quite awhile. Leather is durable but, if you don't treat it, it can become dried and cracked. Causing welts. What I use is... Oh wait a minute... nevermind...

need more info. a pic would be great. (flow, lighting, animal's apparent condition, etc.) i'm not sure what type of coral you're talking about. it's kinda like "brown dog" or "yellow bird". is it an arborescent, encrusting, thick, thin, leathery, slimy, smooth, rough, etc.?

sounds like it's disintegrating. are there chunks coming off? (dead/dying) is it torn or split? does it still recoil on touch or photoperiod? how are its polyps?

how did it look at the lfs? how did you acclimate it? what's your setup? (equipment, water parameters, maintenance schedule, yada yada yada...)

no chunks as yet it is torn, i dosed with iodine strontium and calcium and it seemed to rally the tears seem to be better, polyps are still good, still recoiling to touch,,,

set up eclipse 12, parameters within normal range ,,,sorry can't give numbers,,,,maintenance,,,water change 20% every week,,,

kent marine reef strontium,,iodine, calcium and kent essential elements once a week well today was 2 times a week,,,seemed to help some,,

looked fine at lfs,,,,acclimate 1 hour in tank in bag from lfs,,,then 45 mintues with water mixed from me ,,

it was fine ,,,,

if you need more info let me know,,

ha ha ha ,,,it was blue,,,,now it is passing away,,,,,,i am so sad,,i have only had my tank running since september and this is my first loss,,,,

maybe the die killed it

yes on the crabs,,,

If it's not to late, try a dip in lugols iodine. I've seen neon yellow leathers recently that were obviously dyed.

If you decide to dip it read the directions very carefully and then leave it alone until it gets better or disintegrates.

Archived