inTank Media Baskets

Damsels R Cool 10 gallon Part II

Damsels R Cool

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not. Christmas lights are usually set to a pretty low intensity so they don't blind people when they look at them, so they really won't be appropriate for this. Try it, but have a backup plan in place.

Damsels R Cool
Probably not. Christmas lights are usually set to a pretty low intensity so they don't blind people when they look at them, so they really won't be appropriate for this. Try it, but have a backup plan in place.

well no harm done if they dont and i do have a back up if it does'nt work

Damsels R Cool
Updates?

wow your all over everyone for updates lol i'm picking up my sand some time next week and i'm buying 2 more leds had it on half my 10 and had some awsome growth with my rics

wow your all over everyone for updates lol i'm picking up my sand some time next week and i'm buying 2 more leds had it on half my 10 and had some awsome growth with my rics

Your having good growth with the christmas LEDS? Cooool! B)

Damsels R Cool
Your having good growth with the christmas LEDS? Cooool! B)

yea the blue really bring out my rics and they seem happy because they opened about twice the size they normally do

Joe Pusdesris

Fascinating idea. They are undoubtably water proof/resistant too, so that's a big plus. Though, I question how well they will work. I would think a single compact fluorescent would light up a room far more than several boxes of christmas lights, but maybe not, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
Damsels R Cool

DSC03341.jpg

this was my first aquascape until i found out the brain coral in the center floated

here's the new on useing a conch shell as the center piece

DSC03410.jpg

yea the blue really bring out my rics and they seem happy because they opened about twice the size they normally do

I don't think they're opening that big because they're growing, it's because they're trying to increase their exposed surface area to capture more light because they aren't getting enough from the xmas lights.

I like the idea of using them for actinics tho!

Nice use of the conch shell too, really like it!

I don't think they're opening that big because they're growing, it's because they're trying to increase their exposed surface area to capture more light because they aren't getting enough from the xmas lights.

Exactly what I was going to post. I think its pretty well established that this is what determines mushroom growth in size. Maybe the lights could help achieve a desired color, and the main source could even be a really cheap PC retro if you were just sticking with softies.

Archived