SaltCritters.com

Effects of dead fish in 12g

562newb

One of my fish just died and it's behind some rocks and I can't get to it. Will this effect my water params? Since it's such a small tank? I have snails, shrimp that will dispose ofbthe body, but should just remove the fish by removing rock?

:tears: My condolences.

I suggest you remove your dead fish asap. Yes, this will affect your water. Just not worth risking the rest of your tank because you didn't want to move a rock.

Yea it suks that he died, but I guess I'll start the removing process , iam gonna go ahead a do a water change since water is ready to go..

although my tank is no 12 gal, i had missing fish (not on the ground or anywhere near the tank) and dead fish in the tank and my parms were still undetectable. the CUC took cared of it pretty quick

most recently my stupid fish somehow got into the sump and sucked into the pump. it blocked the flow pretty good and most of its flesh and guts got sucked in and circulating around my tank...my corals seem to react pretty good. all my SPS and LPS had their polyps fully extended

although my tank is no 12 gal, i had missing fish (not on the ground or anywhere near the tank) and dead fish in the tank and my parms were still undetectable. the CUC took cared of it pretty quick

most recently my stupid fish somehow got into the sump and sucked into the pump. it blocked the flow pretty good and most of its flesh and guts got sucked in and circulating around my tank...my corals seem to react pretty good. all my SPS and LPS had their polyps fully extended

wow...what a painful way to go....

i would remove the fish asap because i have a 12g and a few turbos died in it and i didnt think i would have to remove them. next thing i know my tank is going through what they call a nitrogen cycle and it is killing a lot of my corals. to this day im not sure what caused it but i think it was the snails and it about 4 months since that happened and the cycle is still going on. :(

I have had some small fish go missing or just die and my hermits, snails,bristleworms and shrimp would just make a meal of him by next morning or just a few hours. Unless it it a very large fish I wouldnt worry about trying to tear apart you scapework for a fish unless you dont have any scavengers in your tank.

Archived