inTank Media Baskets

who use's phos ban in there tank...?

fiddly_foo

I'm doing a water change and changing all my media it's been about 6 months and i got phos-ban cause ive always had trouble with phospahtes and want tham at .05. I have a 14 gal bc it says 50g per 50gal. but can go up to 5 times more but alk. will drop so ill do around 40g and put it in the media bag and put it in stevie t's media rack just wondering if anyone else has used it in the media rack and how it works so people that have used it let me know what they thought of it thx's

I use it in my BC 29 with the two little fishies reactor. I too use about 30-40g.

At the time I was using tap which was coming in high, I've since switched to RO, and still I use it, just because really. I haven't tested for P04 in a while now, aside from running phosban I have purigen and some chemipure running along with my skimmer, and I have no outbreaks of algae (other than what the cycle brought out).

Thats what filter media I'm using, I just got my shipment from foster and smith, phos ban ,purigen ,and chemi-pure elite. but im not using the reactor for phos ban just putting it in a bag and in stevie T'd media rack but should be the same glad to here no outbreaks well will see doing it all 2 morrow thx's.

I prefer to use the Phosban in one gram per gallon, the GFO is very efficient and I rather not be concerned about dropping my ALK. Standard reagent PO4 tests are notoriously inaccurate, if you test positive for anything there is generally an issue. I use mine for about three months before changing, but just look at your glass, if you find the need to scrape more often it't time to change it.

Archived