ReefCleaners.org

Dizzle's 10g DIY AIO Contest Tank *NEW PICS*

Dizzle21

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good so far, new tanks are a lot of fun. I would wait on a fish until your tank is stabilized for at least 2 weeks or more. The longer you wait the better established your rock and sand will be and the fewer problems you will have with fish waste and left over food. As long as your levels are at 0, you can add corals, they add very little to your bio-load, just add slowly. Zoas or rics will be a good choice.

Good luck and have fun.

well i got a frag from the lfs today! my first frag!

its some unknown zoos kinda scattered but in the middle was a beautiful Ric i couldnt pass up. bout the size of a dime. the guy there didnt even know it was on there so i was stoked.

also got a couple sexy shrimp and a sebae anenome that there hosting. also got another poisen dart frog for my viv. its good day! :lol:

NANOREEF002-1.jpg

NANOREEF004-2.jpg

NANOREEF005-2.jpg

NANOREEF010-1.jpg

Awwww Dude.

An anemone when you still got diatoms? Tanks way too new for that guy. While he is tiny, and sebae's are pretty tough, I'd recommend taking him back as you are likely to have him come to grief.

Cute little ricordia though.

Awwww Dude.

An anemone when you still got diatoms? Tanks way too new for that guy. While he is tiny, and sebae's are pretty tough, I'd recommend taking him back as you are likely to have him come to grief.

Cute little ricordia though.

hmmm i didnt know that i couldnt put him in.. i just saw the 2 sexy shrimp hosting it at the store and the guy said i can have it for like 8 bucks so i got it.. dang. whats guna happen to it if i dont take it back? it looks healthy and my sexys are still hosting it.

Many of them die from inappropriate care. General rule is that a tank needs to be mature (>6 months) to keep them. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

8 bucks for that nem? Dang, good deal. But ya, your tank is not stable enough for that thing. If your nitrates or ammonia swing up that nem is toast and your whole tank could crash when it dies.

• 2 months later...
I need to get some black acrylic, where did you get yours? I looked at Lowe's and Depot and couldn't find it.

Bruce

just get clear and paint it with krylon fusion satin black. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey dude.. this tank is awesome. However, could you possibly tell me how you made that awesome overflow system in the back of the 10G? I have a AGA 10G and i want to do the same and this is the best design by far.

Thanks dude!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no sorry just been really busy. im waiting for my new t5 retrofit kit from nanotuners to come. once i get that together im tranfering all this to a new tank :)

Archived