Coral Vue Hydros

Brightwell vs Kent

datsun80

Kent or Brighwell  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Kent water additives.
    • Brightwell water additives.

As the title states, which brand is better.

The reason I am asking is because I ordered Kent Tech M from an online company and they sent me Brightwell Magnesion.

Thanks.

Kent Tech M is just as good as Magnesion.

i voted for BWA because they're additives show much better response compared to Kents.

;)

Thanks Nate, good to know. I contacted them when I received the package yesterday and they told me they probably ran out and sent me a better product instead.

When ever a company tells me they gave me a better product than I had originally ordered I get suspicious. -_-

Apparently Chris Brightwell worked in Kent before starting his own company. Some people have said he was the "lead chemist", though his apparent degree is in marine science.

I've met Chris and he is a really great guy. He really knows his stuff too. Talking to him for 10 min really makes you open up you eyes. And I'm not talking like a salesperson or Anti Christ way either.

I've used both Kent and Brightwell products, and I really do prefer Brightwell.

If we are talking 2 part, I would like to throw the hat in the ring for AquaC Complete as I have really had great results with it. Since I started using it, my Corolline has exploded and all my corals including SPS have really gotten happy.

Im switching to BW after i use up what i have, also going to try their newish salt mix.

But Brightwell sure does have cooler looking bottles :P

Im switching to BW after i use up what i have, also going to try their newish salt mix.

But Brightwell sure does have cooler looking bottles :P

I've been using their salt for the past month or so and must say I am very impressed. All the tests except for alk are perfect for what I'm looking for:

1.025sg

ca-420

ph-8.3

alk- a lil low at ~7.5ish

mag-1280

iodine-0.6

phosphate, nitrate, and silicates all test at 0

I've been using their salt for the past month or so and must say I am very impressed. All the tests except for alk are perfect for what I'm looking for:

1.025sg

ca-420

ph-8.3

alk- a lil low at ~7.5ish

mag-1280

iodine-0.6

phosphate, nitrate, and silicates all test at 0

Thanks for posting your feelings on the new BW salt, i will be buying a bucket right away if i can find one in stores, if not i will be ordering one before my bucket of reef crystals runs out.

I run at 1.026 in my tanks, do you think that will make much of a difference as far as trace elements and alk/ph go?

Huge fan of Brightwells products. I also have had a nothing but good experiences with the 2 bags of Brightwell salt I've gone through. Tank parameters have never been more stable, even in my 12" cube.

Huge fan of Brightwells products. I also have had a nothing but good experiences with the 2 bags of Brightwell salt I've gone through. Tank parameters have never been more stable, even in my 12" cube.

I hope you guys are on the west coast, because its 3:30am here :-p

Im towards the bottom of my Reef Crystals bucket, and for some reason both of my tanks have cyano, not bad enough that its everywhere, but on the glass and seeing microbubbles. Nothing has changed, same water source, same stocking, same everything.

Not sure whats going on or if RC is to blame, doing a google did find a few people in my shoes.

Been wanting to try this salt anyway though.

I feed every 2-3 days btw

EDIT: lajz9 is CA, but juniormmm is as crazy as me for being up late... Do you work odd shifts also?

Archived